Future Dads is a one-day course for new and expectant dads, that demonstrates practical and emotional approaches to take care of themselves, their partner and their baby.
The course offers a space for men to come together to share their concerns, excitement and expectations of becoming a dad.
Who is it for?
If you’re a new dad, or a dad to be, Future Dads is the course for you.
What happens on the day?
Future Dads covers a range of topics, including:
- Practical skills: How to hold, feed, bathe, change and bond with your baby
- Being a dad: Why dads are important and what kind of dad you want to be
- Relationships: How having a baby can have an impact on relationships with your partner, friends and family
- Self-care: How to look after your physical and mental health and wellbeing
- A midwife will also be on hand to answer your questions about the birth and beyond!
Where does it happen?
Future Dads is offered across hospitals in London, including:
- St George’s hospital – Tooting, SW17
- King’s College Hospital – Denmark Hill, SE5
- University Hospital Lewisham – Lewisham, SE13
- Queen Elizabeth’s Hospital – Woolwich, SE18
How do I book?
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all courses are cancelled until further notice and we are not likely to resume before January 2021.
To register your interest in the course, click here.
Watch the video below to see some of what happens during a Future Dads session
We want to thank Thomas Payton-Greene for volunteering his time and expertise in filming, editing and producing the above video.
We are working closely with the NHS and hospitals to keep everyone safe. As soon as we are able to resume the course we will update the website.
Thank you for your understanding.
Expectant Fathers Teams