The Future Dads course is back.
Future Dads is a one-day course for new and expectant dads, that demonstrates practical and emotional approaches to take care of themselves, their partner and their baby. At present, the course is open only to those living in Lewisham, or whose child lives in or is due to be born in Lewisham.
The course offers a space for men to come together to share their concerns, excitement and expectations of becoming a dad.
Who is it for?
If you’re a new dad, or a dad to be, living in Lewisham, Future Dads is the course for you.
What happens on the day?
Future Dads covers a range of topics, including:
- Practical skills: How to hold, feed, bathe, change and bond with your baby
- Being a dad: Why dads are important and what kind of dad you want to be
- Relationships: How having a baby can have an impact on relationships with your partner, friends and family
- Self-care: How to look after your physical and mental health and wellbeing
- A midwife will also be on hand to answer your questions about the birth and beyond!* (on full one day course*)
Watch the video below to see some of what happens during a Future Dads session
We want to thank Thomas Payton-Greene for volunteering his time and expertise in filming, editing and producing the above video.
If you are interested in commissioning the course, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Expectant Fathers Teams